The team started playing in the Rio Grande Association in 1915.
In 1928, the Phoenix Senators became one of the first four franchises in the Arizona State League.
The team became a Baltimore Orioles affiliate in 1954 and the team name was changed to the Phoenix Stars. The team won the championship in the Arizona-Texas League during that season.
However, in 1955 the team moved to AAA class as the Phoenix Giants and left the league.