In 1930, the team became a member of the Arizona State League replacing the defunct Mesa Jewels. In 1950, owner Jack Corbett sold the team in August to Dick Saunders and Tom Love, two young El Paso building contractors. Saunders and Love hired John Phelan to be the general manager. The Texans finished in second only to their rivals, the Juarez Indios, at the end of the season. The El Paso Texans played as the lone Texas team in the league until 1955.